Evaluation and Institutional Development unit
The Unit Strategic Objectives
Evaluation & Institutional Development unit is responsible of the following main files. Those files shape it’s the unit’s work domains as follows:
- Enhancing strategic planning management and development to improve Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation MoPIC’s institutional performance.
- Enhancing governance, accountability and transparency through an effective Quality Assurance QA system.
- Maximizing the benefits of the implemented Developmental Projects to improve the economic and social developmental environment.
- Empowering institutional and individual capacities in E&IA process and practices.
Mandate of Evaluation and Institutional Development unit
Evaluation & Institutional Development unit at the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation handles three major files that constitute its mandate:
- Evaluation and & Institutional Development unit:
The unit handles introducing Evaluation and Impact Assessment to be an integral part of the Government Developmental Projects implementation process and dissemination of this concept in government institutions. Through the evaluation of programs and projects and their effects and implications on citizens and economic and social sectors. The IAU process targets all the concerned project parties, focused on releasing and keening the Monitoring and Evaluation M&E culture [processes, methodologies and mechanisms].
- institutionalization of the evaluation process in the procedures followed at the project funding request, through including the forms that are designed for this purpose [for example, the logic framework of the project] in the project documents submitted for funding in addition to the evaluation mechanism to be adopted by the project during the implementation phases to facilitate monitoring of the projects.
- Conducting impact evaluations for selected programmes and projects after a period of its closing. This intends to track and assess its actual developmental impacts and achievements and compare them with its specific targeted objectives as were agreed on at the planning stage.
- Actively participating with the Ministries and concerned institutions at the project document formulation stage, by contributing in structuring the project Logic Framework. This will address the linkages of the project objectives, expected outcomes and impact on the concerned targets and beneficiaries.
- Evaluating selected completed programs and projects to assess their impact, and compare the objectives that were stated in these programs and projects’ document with the achievements.
- The active participation with external evaluation teams in the case of a project evaluation done through a third party, through the formulation of the evaluation methodology and following-up on its implementation.
- Active Participation with internal missions that are assigned by the donors for Project Midterm Review and Project Post Evaluation for projects that are financed by the donors, through the formulation of the evaluation methodology and following-up on its implementation.
- Building capacities of evaluation practitioners at the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation and other ministries by preparing and supervising on Evaluation training packages and participating in implementing the processes of a certain evaluation training programs.
- Formulating an annual Evaluation plan based on the projects status and determining project evaluation framework with the supervision of the implementation of the Evaluation process in accordance with its predetermined schedule.
- Sharing the Evaluation reports which include the results and learned lessons with all the concerned parties to take them into consideration when modifying their policies, strategies and priorities and in line with national objectives and results of the projects’ and interventions’ impact assessment and their effect on the achievement of those goals and visions.
- Strategic Planning
The unit is also responsible for the formulation, monitoring and evaluation of the ministry’s strategic plan, in cooperation with all the different departments in the ministry [represented by the strategic plan team members]. E&IA unit follows up on the departments’ achievement in their objectives through action plans that are based on the strategic plan. These achievements then aid in measuring performance in the Ministry’s strategic objectives and later, National Objectives. The unit issues a semi-annual report analyzing the results, along with suggested preventive and corrective actions to improve performance.
- Quality Assurance
E&IA unit is also responsible for performance excellence through quality assurance. All major processes and standard operating procedures are monitored through KPIs. Excellence principles are adopted in all areas of work at the ministry which reflects commitments to excellence.
- Designing, reviewing and streamlining of the standard operating procedures for all sections of the ministry and the development of performance indicators, and auditing workflow to ensure its accordance with the procedures, issuing non-conformance reports when needed, and taking corrective and preventive actions in order to prevent deviation from targets.
- Measuring partners’ and customers’ satisfaction with the performance of the ministry on a regular basis through the distribution of a comprehensive questionnaire and result analysis and using the feedback in improving the performance of the ministry.
- Measuring employee satisfaction with the surrounding work environment and operating procedures through the employee satisfaction questionnaire and considering their observations in continuous improvement.
- Managing suggestions and complaints received by the Ministry internally and externally, and preparing a register showing the complaints/ suggestions and actions taken to benefit as much as possible from suggestions submitted by partners , customers, and staff.
- Managing internal and external communication and monitoring the communication plan and preparing for periodic administrative meetings as well as documenting them.
- Document control for all major documents and making sure all the copies are up-to-date and that all obsolete documents are damaged
- Managing all matters relating to the King Abdullah II Award for Excellence in Government Performance and Transparency such as participation reports and references in coordination with liaison officers in departments/ units and the King Abdullah II Center for Excellence all matters relating thereto.
| +962-6-4644466 ext.616
||Eng. Rand Abdallah